Another year comes to a close and that means lists. I never really get excited when the prospect comes around because a list is never as complete as you’d want it to be. In a way, it’s a moments recollection of all the good music that came by in the past year. Still, it’s important to look back and share with the world what it might have missed otherwise.
I can mention a load of bands I would gladly have included here. For example, I didn’t really get around to listen properly to Enslaved and Converge’s new records and I had to chose to omit the likes of Power Trip, Akercocke, and Pillorian. Oh, and Dool came to me in a big way. Well, you can’t have it all, but here is the list as it is:
- Ulver – The Assassination of Julius Ceasar
- Amenra – Mass VI
- Jupiterian – Terraforming
- Au-Dessus – End of Chapter
- Elder – Reflections of a Floating World
- Vulture Industries – Stranger Times
- Fief – III
- King of Asgard – :taudr:
- Al Namrood – Enkar
- Eschatos – MÆRE
- Der Weg Einer Freiheit – Finisterre
- Ragana – You Take Nothing
- Bell Witch – Mirror Reaper
- Spaceslug – Mountains & Reminisce
- Grima – Tales of the Enchanted Wood
- Myrkur – Mareridt
- Hair of the Dog – This World Turns
- Botanist – Collective: The Shape of He to Come
- Cyaxares – House of the Cosmic Waters
- Falls of Rauros – Vigilance Perennial
I would also like to express thanks to the labels that have kindly supplied me with promo materials and support for realizing my goals. In particular thanks to Transcending Obscurity and Qabar Extreme Music PR. Also, thanks to Echoes & Dust for lending weight to my 195 bands project, by publishing these interviews.
May 2018 be a great year in music again. Live long and prosper.